Pathway University Programmes
Talented students from all over the world are attending ACET Foundation University Programmes to achieve their educational goals and help them gain entry to top universities and colleges in Ireland, the UK and Europe.
ACET Foundation University Programmes provide in-depth, academically focused preparation courses for students who need to improve their English in order to enrol at university. Teachers focus on language skills, academic reading, writing, listening, speaking and academic vocabulary.
ACET offers four programmes:
- ACET Foundation University Programme
- ACET Foundation Programme in Business Studies
- ACET Foundation Programme in Engineering & Technology
- ACET Foundation Programme in Health & Science
Founded in 1975, ACET has established a reputation for its professionalism and excellence. The centre offers the highest academic standards, outstanding accommodation options and exceptional support services at highly competitive prices.
The centre is located in two elegant Georgian buildings in Cork city centre with excellent facilities; 24 classrooms, a study room, an internet room, a computer room, a presentation suite, a recreational room, a garden and free Wi-Fi throughout the building. The teaching and administration staff ensure a welcoming, friendly atmosphere and are proud of the individual care and attention they give to each student.
We are your only quality partner in Cork accredited by both IALC and EAQUALS. In our last EAQUALS inspection we were awarded 5 areas of excellence highlighting the quality in the service and academic standards we provide to you and your students.
ACET: The Complete Learning Experience
Teaching: ACET has a professional Academic Team as well as freelance specialists. The teachers review progress and provide individual counselling and support. Students receive a personal timetable with lesson times and study periods detailed.
Accommodation: ACET offers homestay and residential accommodation.
Social Life: ACET has a selection of leisure, sports and social activities.
Student Welfare: The ACET Team have experience and understanding of the very different welfare and cultural needs of international students.
- To develop productive skills (spoken & written) for academic communication
- To develop receptive skills (listening & reading) with confidence and accuracy
- To develop and improve academic study skills
- To prepare thoroughly for the IELTS examination
- To enhance skills to develop as independent learners
- To prepare for academic presentations and assessment
- To provide an introduction to culture and life in Ireland
English speaking universities favour IELTS as an English language assessment. All of the ACET Foundation Programmes include extensive IELTS examination preparation. Our IELTS preparation team are experienced, dedicated and focused on ensuring our students achieve the necessary IELTS score.
Applying for an ACET Foundation Programme and to a university
Once students are confident that they have met the entry requirements they should simply complete the ACET application form. All applications will be acknowledged within 24 hours.
Free University/College Placement & Support
ACET has an International Studies Consultant who gives regular talks to students enrolling in a university. Students are counselled on:
- Choosing the best programme based on individual goals and academic background
- Applying to a university or college
- Receiving a conditional letter of acceptance
- What to expect from university life and cross cultural preparation
ACET has agreements in place with prestigious universities in
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- National University of Ireland Galway
- Waterford Institute of Technology
- The Netherlands
All courses are taught through English. ACET offers access to degree courses in Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Physiotherapy, Engineering, IT and Business Studies.